Skip to main content

Reflections

 


I look away 
but not before stealing a glimpse
of the reflection staring back 
Sad brown eyes
full of pain and sorrow 
lies of yesterday 
and worries of tomorrow
unanswered questions prancer
in my head
like ballerina dancers
pirouetting in never ending circles
challenging 
who I was then 
and who I am now
at one point 
young and naive 
so quick to believe 
and so easy to deceive
falling for everything 
and yet now
everything is falling
apart.
a part of then 
still lingers within
and mingles with 
what has become
and no one knows 
what it really is
things aren't always 
what they seem to be
too caught up to really see 
the turmoil inside of me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me, Evolving.

There is not a moment in time that I don’t remember myself as being overweight. As a kid, I was always the biggest of my siblings, the biggest in my classes, and the biggest in my circle of friends. As you can imagine, I’ve always struggled with my weight. My earliest memory of realizing how much more I weighed than the other girls in my circle was in the 6th grade. It was June 1993 to be more specific. We were getting ready for my 6th grade commencement, so we had to go clothes shopping, especially because I was giving a speech as 6th grade valedictorian. I can recall not being able to shop in the regular girl/juniors sections. I had to head over the “old people” section as I used to call it because it was older women who shopped in that area. There was nothing CUTE in that section. I had to settle for something that fit, rather something I actually wanted to wear – not a very good feeling. That’s when it all started.   I remember that summer going to my annual physical and d...

Oops! I did it again...

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              ...

Neymar Abdiel

Just 9 months ago, I gave birth to this beautiful baby boy: Neymar Abdiel. Today he is 9 months old, and I love him more with every day that passes. He was sent to us when we needed him the most, and he's brought joy, light and hope to our lives. I only pray that God continue to bless him with love and health.    Tomorrow, he will be going for a MRI/Quick Brain Scan. It will be his third one since being born. The doctors are monitoring the ventricles of his brain as they appear to have a bit more fluid than they should. Doctors actually caught this during my 5th month ultrasound, and had me closely monitored until Neymar was born. The last MRI, done in May, showed a little increase of fluid, but doctors are saying he is stable because there is nothing much that can be done at this moment, only just monitor it.  I've been keeping myself positive about this. Not trying to let the negative thinking get to me. He will be fine. He IS fine.