Skip to main content

Came across old pieces of writing ... Enjoy



January 20, 2010:
An Invitation

For you...
Inviting you to come and take a swim deep inside of me, and navigate the crevices and make sure not one is left undiscovered...make sure to be prepared to be taken to a point of no return and to be left a in a complete state of bliss...
...let us connect the dots and imagine of a world unknown to others where only you and I take residence on this particular moment...a world where all inhibitions are left behind and the only thing mattering is what we are about to find...

January 21, 2010:
If I could...
If I could, I would...
Would turn back the hands in time, and try to make it right all over again.
Would let the truth be known before  the unknown would lead to the end
the end of what was fought for from the get go
the reality that  you and I were getting to know
that even though I loved you soyou and I could be no more...
If I could I would...Would move the mountains and swim the seasdo the impossible to bring you back to me
for just one second I would let us be
what we once were...
what we once were before I chose to walk away
and I still remember the pain written all over your face
as though it was only yesterday
and I still remember because it's a memory that I carry every day...

August 26, 2010:
Lost.
Confused.
Alone.
...it's how I feel right now. Not that you would know because we barely say a word to each other. how did we become so distant with one another? Days turn into nights, and weeks into months...and yet, we fail to acknowledge the gap between us...as though we don't want to talk about it for the unknown is scary...

September 22, 2010: 

I feel quite lost
my mind wanders
wondering what am I doing wrong
never have I felt so strong
about this longing I feel inside
Petrified of the unknown
of losing you and being completely alone

To take back the hands in time
to that one instant
that one moment
where all felt right
where the only fight fought
consisted of who would be the last to
say goodnight.

Remembering what once was
and knowing what it would be
if all is worked out
between you and me
provides hope
and helps me cope
with this feeling

This feeling of uncertainty
doesn’t allow me
to think clearly
impairing my vision
questioning
the elements of this
love unloved.


September 25, 2010:

The day is gone
night has creeped
up once again
and with it came
an emptiness
that doesn’t seem to end.

its a battle
between the mind
and the heart
of wanting to be close
but at the same time
wanting to part

for it makes no sense
to want to fix something
that’s unfixable
unexplainable
we’ve become detachable
no longer together
always with out the other
no explanation to provide
to the coming and going
with you not at my side


it’s like a story
my very own fairytale
I was the princess
and you my prince
creating a happily ever after
but I’m not convinced
that’s how it will finish
this story will be over
and this love will gradually diminish




The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me, Evolving.

There is not a moment in time that I don’t remember myself as being overweight. As a kid, I was always the biggest of my siblings, the biggest in my classes, and the biggest in my circle of friends. As you can imagine, I’ve always struggled with my weight. My earliest memory of realizing how much more I weighed than the other girls in my circle was in the 6th grade. It was June 1993 to be more specific. We were getting ready for my 6th grade commencement, so we had to go clothes shopping, especially because I was giving a speech as 6th grade valedictorian. I can recall not being able to shop in the regular girl/juniors sections. I had to head over the “old people” section as I used to call it because it was older women who shopped in that area. There was nothing CUTE in that section. I had to settle for something that fit, rather something I actually wanted to wear – not a very good feeling. That’s when it all started.   I remember that summer going to my annual physical and dread

Letter to my daughter

Letter to my daughter – 15 years ago, on this date, I was preparing to welcome you to the world after feeling you grow, close to my heart, for 39 weeks. I remember being overjoyed the day the doctor confirmed you would be a baby girl because deep down I already knew. So, as I laid on the surgery table, I waited patiently for your arrival.  Hearing your first cry as you made your presence known, holding you in my arms for the first time and breathing you in was like a piece of me that was missing had finally been found. I had prayed for this moment for so long. My princess, my mini me.  I remember your first sound, your first giggle, the first time you sat up, the first time you crawled and then right before your 1 st  birthday our world was shaken when we were given the news that would have us in the biggest fight of our lives. The hospital would be our second home for the first three years of your life. How ironic that it was in a hospital where you took your first breath, but it was

Breathe.

While the Internet has proven to be resourceful in many ways, it can also be a curse.  I remember being on the 7th floor pediatric oncology unit back in June 2009. I was sitting with the doctors who were explaining to me Nayelis' diagnosis. (I had already Google searched leukemia in children, so I had a few questions of my own.) I went on to tell the doctors my findings, and they said not to let what I found on the Internet drive me crazy.  But that's just who I am.  You give me information I am not knowledgeable of, and I run with it on every search engine available to see what I can find. That's what I did then, and that's what I've been doing now.  Let me backtrack a bit.  During my 5-6 month pregnancy ultrasound for Neymar, doctors informed me that the ventricles in brain appeared a bit larger than they should have been. They closely monitored me during the remainder of the pregnancy to make sure the size was not increasing as it would mean there would be some d